This Cream Cheese Dip appetizer recipe is a total snap to throw together in moments (like … 3 minutes flat)! It absolutely disappears whenever I serve it, and everybody asks for the recipe! Perfect for picnics and potlucks, tailgates and sports parties … even as a fancy, finger-food appetizer (we’ve got tips to gussy it right up)!
|image credit twohealthykitchens.com|
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel cheese)
- 1/3 cup 100% pure fruit peach jelly or preserves (we use Smucker's Simply Fruit)
- 1 tablespoon Sweet and Spicy Pepper Relish, plus more to serve on the side, if desired
- optional for garnish: finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place block of cream cheese on small serving platter.
- Spoon peach jelly over top of the cream cheese, allowing a little to drip down the sides.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon Pepper Relish on top of peach jelly. Offer additional Pepper Relish to the side, if desired. (See note.)
- Sprinkle a little fresh parsley on top, if desired, and serve with whole grain crackers for dipping.
- Spiciness and Extra Pepper Relish: I generally spoon just 1 tablespoon of Pepper Relish directly on top of this appetizer, so it's not too spicy for people who might not enjoy spicy foods. I've been very surprised at how much even non-spice-lovers like this recipe! To accommodate those who DO enjoy spicier foods, I like to offer extra Pepper Relish alongside. Alternately, if you know your family and friends all like spicier foods, you can feel free to spoon extra Pepper Relish directly on top.
- Make ahead: You can assemble this dip up to about 1-2 days ahead and store, covered, in the refrigerator.
more detail recipe twohealthykitchens.com