Grinch Hot Chocolate: this Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is made quickly on the stove and topped with festive green homemade whipped cream and red candy hearts!
|image credit thenovicechefblog.com|
WHITE PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract, to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- green gel food coloring
- red heart sprinkles, for topping
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Stir in the half-and-half, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir occasionally until heated through.
- Pour into mugs and top with green whipped cream and garnish with red heart sprinkles and/or a candy cane.
- Whipped Cream: Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and a few drops of green food coloring into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
Slow Cooker: to keep the hot chocolate warm for a party, place it in a slow cooker set to warm. Stir it occasionally as needed.
moer detail recipe thenovicechefblog.com