|image credit ciaoflorentina.com|
- 8 slices ciabata or crusty Italian bread
- 1 lb mini heirloom tomatoes mixed colors
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c basil leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- sea salt to taste
- chive blossoms for garnish (optional)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Heat up a cast iron griddle or pan and grill the bread until nice marks form on both sides. About 3 minutes.
- Rub one side of each grilled slice of bread with a garlic clove to your liking.
- Brush some olive oil over the top of each grilled slice of bread and season to taste with sea salt.
- Dice or slice the tomatoes into small pieces and spoon them over the grilled bread.
- Drizzle your tomato bruschetta with a lug of olive oil over the top, and season to taste with more sea salt.
- Garnish with the fresh basil, oregano and chive blossoms.
- Finish with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice over the top and enjoy.