- 1 bag (12 ounces) candy melts (in your favorite color, or use a variety of colors)
- 1 (16 pack) box pre-made/individually wrapped Rice Krispies treats, or your favorite homemade recipe
- Assorted Candy Eyeballs
- Optional: shortening or vegetable oil, colored sprinkles
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the candy melts (if using one color, separate it into 3 parts and if using different colors, place about 1/3 of each color) into microwave safe bowl(s).
- Add about 1 teaspoon shortening or vegetable oil if desired (optional, it just makes for smoother/easier application of the chocolate to the krispie treats) to each bowl of chocolate. (I use 1 teaspoon shortening to each 1/3 of chocolate candy melts)
- Microwave (one bowl at a time) of candy melts in bursts of 20 seconds, stirring vigorously in between each burst for 10 seconds.
- Meanwhile, upwrap the krispies treats.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, dip the krispie treats in the melted chocolate and then use a spoon to help spread it over the treat. You want it to be a bit ragged to look more like a monster.
- Working quickly (the melted candy melts harden fast), add candy eyeballs (however you want and whatever size you like) and if desired, colored sprinkles.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet pan and allow for the chocolate to set at room temperature. These are best enjoyed the same day they are made.
Recipe adapted from ulasngerti.blogspot.com