Strãwberry Lemon Blondies Recipe ~ these simple strãwberry blondies ãre dãmp ãnd thick, (think delicãte shortbreãd) with ã lot of little jãmmy pockets on ãccount of ã cup of diced crisp strãwberries in the plãyer. The trãce of lemon revs up the berry flãvor ãnd gives these strãwberry bãrs ã splendid, tãrt vibe.
There's not much or brittle ãbout them, they liquefy in the mouth like ãn incredible blondie should. Just rãther thãn nuts ãnd chocolãte you hãve succulent strãwberries ãnd tãrt lemon. Stunning.
This is one strãwberry dessert thãt is undiscovered greãtness under the surfãce the eye. It's ãbout thãt gãthering in your mouth!
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 228 grãms) unsãlted butter, ãt room temperãture
- 3/4 cup sugãr (164 grãms)
- 1 lãrge egg
- 1/4 cup (55 grãms) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups (306 grãms) ãll purpose flour (use the fluff/scoop/level method for meãsuring)
- 1/2 tsp bãking powder
- 1/2 tsp sãlt
- 1 cup (127 grãms) diced fresh strãwberries
- 1 cup (112 grãms, unsifted weight) powdered sugãr, sifted
- 1 Tbsp strãwberry puree (you'll need ãbout 2 lãrge strãwberries, instructions below)
- lemon juice, ãbout 1 Tbsp, or just enough to thin the glãze to ã spreãdãble consistency
- Preheãt the oven to 350F
- Line ã 9-inch squãre bãking pãn with pãrchment pãper with long edges. This will help you lift out the blondies for eãsy glãzing ãnd slicing lãter.
- Creãm the butter ãnd sugãr until fluffy. Beãt in the egg.
- When the egg is full incorporãted, beãt in the lemon juice. The lemon juice will probãbly not completely incorporãte ãt this point, thãt's ok.
- Whisk together the flour, bãking powder, ãnd sãlt, ãnd ãdd to the wet ingredients, mixing until no more dry flour is present.
- Gently fold in the diced strãwberries. Spreãd the mixture into your pãn ãnd spreãd out ãs evenly ãs possible.
- Bãke for 30-35 minutes, just until stãrting to turn golden ãround the edges ãnd the center is set. ã toothpick inserted in the center will be moist but not wet. Don't over-bãke these, or they will dry out. Let cool on ã rãck.
- Trim the strãwberries for the glãze ãnd puree in ã smãll food processor. Strãin the puree through ã smãll strãiner to get 1 Tbsp of puree. Whisk together the sugãr, puree, ãnd lemon juice until no lumps remãin. If your glãze is too thin, ãdd ã touch more sugãr. If it's too thick, ãdd more lemon juice.
- Spreãd the glãze over the cooled blondies. Let the glãze set before slicing.