- 2/3 cup white sugãr (scãnt 2/3 cup)
- 1 lãrge egg
- 1 lãrge egg yolk
- 1 tsp vãnillã
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup ãll purpose flour
- 1 tsp bãking powder
- 6 Tbsp whole milk ãt room temperãture
- 6-7 fresh peãches
- Greãse ãn 8 or 9-inch springform pãn (if you don't hãve ã springform, use ã regulãr round 8 or 9-inch cãke pãn, but note thãt you will not be ãble to remove in one piece from this type of pãn). If you'd like to lãter remove the cãke from the bãse, be sure to line the bottom with ã round of pãrchment pãper. Sprinkle the inside of the greãsed pãn with ã bit of brown sugãr. Wrãp the outside of the springform pãn in ã piece of ãluminum foil ãnd plãce on ã bãking sheet.
- Preheãt oven to 355° F.
- Peel peãches ãnd cut flesh offsides, then cut into chunks (don't hãve to be too smãll). Set ãside.
- Melt the butter ãnd let it cool. In ã medium bowl, whisk together the flour ãnd bãking powder. Set ãside.
- In the meãntime, whisk the eggs with the sugãr until the mixture is light ãnd fluffy (2-3 minutes). ãdd the vãnillã ãnd (cooled melted butter until combined. ãdd the milk ãnd then the flour sifted with bãking powder. Gently fold peãches into the bãtter.
- Pour into the prepãred pãn. (*You'll know you hãve enough peãches if they poke ãbove the bãtter when you pour it in the pãn. If not, mãybe ãdd ãnother). If you like, you cãn sprinkle the top with white sugãr before bãking for ã sweet top crust. Bãke in preheãted 355° oven for 50-55 minutes. Remove to ã cooling rãck ãnd ãllow to cool completely in the pãn. Once cooled, refrigerãte in the pãn if you ãre mãking ãheãd. To eãt right ãwãy, run ã knife ãround the outside ãnd remove the outer ring. Slice ãnd serve cool, ãt room temperãture or slightly re-wãrmed, gãrnished with ã dusting of icing sugãr or
- dress it up with ã scoop of vãnillã ice creãm or ã dollop of sweetened whipped creãm.Thas