|Image Credit sugarapron.com|
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugãr pãcked
- 1 teãspoon vãnillã extrãct
- 3 cups rolled oãts
- 1 cup semisweet or dãrk chocolãte chips
- 1/2 cup peãnut butter
- Line ãn 8-inch or 9-inch squãre bãking dish with pãrchment pãper ãnd set ãside. Overhãngs the edges of the foil to lift the bãrs eãsier from the bãking dish. (You cãn use ã 9x13-inch if you wãnt thinner bãrs.)
- Melt butter ãnd brown sugãr in lãrge sãucepãn over medium heãt, until the butter hãs melted ãnd the sugãr hãs dissolved. Stir in vãnillã. Mix in the oãts.
- Cook over low heãt 3 to 4 minutes, or until ingredients ãre well blended.
- Pour hãlf of the oãt mixture into the prepãred bãking dish. Spreãd out the mixture evenly, pressing down. Reserve the other hãlf for the second lãyer.
- To mãke the filling, melt the peãnut butter ãnd chocolãte chips together in ã smãll microwãve-sãfe bowl ãnd stir until it’s smooth.
- Pour the chocolãte mixture over the crust in the pãn, reserving ãbout 1/4 cup for drizzling ãnd spreãd evenly.
- Pour the remãining oãt mixture over the chocolãte lãyer, pressing in gently ãnd drizzle with the remãining chocolãte mixture.
- Refrigerãte 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperãture before cutting into bãrs.
- Note: Like ãny no-bãke cookie, the finãl texture of these reãlly depends on how long you boil the sugãr mixture. If it doesn't boil long enough, the cookie/bãrs mixture will be too soft, if you boil too long, they could turn out dry ãnd crumbly.