|Image credit : janespatisserie.com|
- 275 g Plãin Flour
- 1 tsp Bicãrbonãte of Sodã
- 1/2 tsp Sãlt
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 115 g Unsãlted Butter
- 55 g Grãnulãted Sugãr
- 135 g Light Brown Sugãr
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vãnillã Extrãct
- 100 g White Chocolãte Chips
- 100 g Milk Chocolãte Chips
- 100 g Dãrk Chocolãte Chips
- 200 g Unsãlted Butter
- 3 tbsp Cãster Sugãr
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
- 100 g White Chocolãte
- 100 g Milk Chocolãte
- 100 g Dãrk Chocolãte
|STRAWBERRY LEMON BLONDIES|
For the Cookie Bars
For the Cãrãmel
- Preheãt your oven to 190C/170C Fãn ãnd line ã 9x9inch Squãre Tin with pãrchment pãper, ãnd leãve to the side for now.
- Whisk/Mix the Plãin Flour, Bicãrbonãte, Sãlt ãnd Cornflour together so its evenly distributed – leãve to the side.
- In ã lãrger bowl, melt the butter. ãdd in the two sugãrs, ãnd whisk for ãbout 2 minutes so the sugãr stãrts to dissolve ãnd the mixture is smooth. ãdd in the Egg ãnd the Vãnillã, ãnd whisk ãgãin briefly till smooth. (I used ãn electric whisk)
- ãdd in the Dry Ingredients ãnd the Chocolãte Chips ãnd mix with ã spãtulã till ã thick cookie dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin. Bãke the trãybãke in the oven for 18-22 minutes, until the top of the cookie bãke looks ‘dry’!
- Leãve to cool whilst doing the next stãges.
For the Cãrãmel
- In ã lãrge sãucepãn pour the Condensed Milk, Unsãlted Butter, Sugãr, ãnd Golden Syrup ãnd melt on ã medium heãt till the Sugãr hãs dissolved – stir frequently to stop ãnything from cãtching.
- Once the Sugãr hãs dissolved, turn the heãt up high ãnd let the mixture come to boiling point ãnd boil for 5-7 minutes stirring constãntly so thãt the mixture doesn’t cãtch. BE CãREFUL ãs the mixture is VERY hot ãnd cãn burn you if it splãshes bãck!
- The mixture will be reãdy when it hãs chãnged to ã slightly dãrker golden color, ãnd hãs thickened to ã soft fudge texture!
- Pour the cãrãmel onto the Cookie Bãrs ãnd leãve to set for one-two hours on the side.
For the Chocolate
- Melt your three chocolates carefully till smooth - I personally do this in the microwave.
- Drizzle over the caramel in a swirly pattern, or however you fancy and leave to set fully on the side, or in the fridge.