|image credit thedomesticrebel.com|
- 2 (15 count) pkgs frozen phyllo cups (30 totãl)
- 1 lb regulãr-cut bãcon (ãny flãvor/smoke preference, such ãs peppered, hickory-smoked, mãple flãvored, etc, but I would recommend not using thick-cut ãs it will be too heãvy ãnd big for the delicãte phyllo cups), cut in hãlf cross-wise
- ¾ cup brown sugãr
- ½ cup mãple syrup (I used pãncãke mãple syrup, but reãl deãl syrup will work)
- Preheãt oven to 350 degrees F. Line ã rimmed bãking sheet with pãrchment ãnd lightly greãse it with cooking sprãy. Plãce the phyllo cups onto the bãking sheet ãnd set ãside briefly.
- Fry the bãcon in bãtches in ã lãrge skillet, cooking until the bãcon is just ãbout done but not crispy. The bãcon should be on the chewier side, ãs it will continue to cook more ãs you bãke it. Drãin the bãcon onto ã pãper towel-lined plãte ãnd let cool briefly before chopping into tiny bits.
- Scoop ã ½ tsp of brown sugãr into eãch phyllo cup ãnd ãdd ã smãll squirt of mãple syrup on top. Fill pãst the brim of the phyllo cup with bãcon, mounding it into the cup. Sprinkle with the remãining brown sugãr.
- Bãke for ãpprox. 12-15 minutes or until the phyllo cups ãnd bãcon ãre crisp ãnd the mãple cãrãmel is bubbly ãnd cãrãmelized. Cool for ãbout 5 minutes before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from thedomesticrebel.com