For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup your favorite caramel sauce, homemade or storebought
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespooons heavy cream
- Caramel Sauce – homemade or storebought
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, milk, and vegetable oil until combined. Whisk in boiling water until smooth and incorporated.
- Divide batter among 12 paper lined muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and tops spring back.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before cooling completely on wire rack prior to adding frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: In a bowl using a stand mixer or your hand mixer, cream butter on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Beat in powdered sugar and slowly mix on low speed until mixture comes together.
- Add caramel sauce then vanilla and beat on medium-high speed.
- Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time until light and fluffy or desired consistency is reached.
- Fill a pastry bag with frosting and pipe onto cupcakes. Top with chocolate chips, chopped pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce.
For more detail chocolatechocolateandmore.com