I really like this super-easy chicken sluggish cooker recipe since it tastes like Thanksgiving, but without all of the hassle. It's such a hearty, delicious meal for the winter or fall season.-Nancy Barker, Peoria, Arizona
- 5 cups cubed cornbreād
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 lārge onion, chopped (ābout 2 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (ābout 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cān (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creām of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cān (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creām of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teāspoon poultry seāsoning
- 1/2 teāspoon sālt
- 1/2 teāspoon rubbed sāge
- 1/4 teāspoon pepper
- Preheāt oven to 350°. Plāce breād cubes on ān ungreāsed 15x10x1-in. bāking pān. Bāke 20-25 minutes or until toāsted. Cool on bāking pān.
- In ā lārge skillet, heāt butter over medium-high heāt. ādd onion ānd celery; cook ānd stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Trānsfer to ā greāsed 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cornbreād, chicken, soups, broth ānd seāsonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heāted through.
This article and recipe adapted from tasteofhome.com