I’m not sure if you guys noticed, but I didn’t post a single cupcake recipe last month! What the hell is wrong with me, I’ve been failing you guys! So I’m kicking off the month of love with these sweet little Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes!
These guys weren’t even on the blog menu until last Monday night. We stopped into the store to grab a few things before hunkering down for Blizzard Juno. I went to grab some candy bars to make cookies with and saw these boxes of Strawberry Milkshake Whoppers! I immediately envisioned these adorable little cupcakes that were all pink and fun with straws. I think that vision really came to life, what do you think?
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 4 tbsp Malt Powder
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/3 cup Strawberries and Creme Instant Pudding Mix dry
- 3 tbsp Strawberry Milk Powder
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Fill each liner with about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Turn oven down to 350 F.
- Bake cupcakes for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick to check that they are done, transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer or large bowl and whip until frosting stands stiff, about 2- 3 minutes. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes, top with sprinkles and enjoy.
- Paper straws are optional but should be cut in half before adding.