- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups water, plus extra for soaking your cashews
- 1/3 plus 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt, plus 1/2 tablespoon for soaking your cashews
How To Make
- Since raw cashews contain some antinutrients that make them hard to digest, I started by soaking my cashews. Cover your 2 cups of cashews with filtered water, then add 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Don't soak your cashews for more than six hours, as they can become slimy. I soaked mine for about three hours.
- Once your cashews are done soaking, drain them and rinse well.
- Add your cashews to your blender, then add two cups of water. Blend until your cashews become cashew milk. In my high-powered blender, this only took a minute or two.
- Add the honey, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt to your blender and blend to combine.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker. Process until the ice cream reaches your desired consistency. Serve ice cream immediately, or move to the freezer for a few hours to firm up.
- Store leftover ice cream in the freezer, ideally in a shallow container to simplify future defrosting.
Recipe adapted from wholenaturallife