Sticky, crunchy, yielding, Vegan Bbq Cauliflower Bites are Gluten Free and oh so addictive.
Feeling low? Trying to resist that bag of bbq potato chips on the shelf? Reach for a head of cauliflower instead. Toss it in my easy peasy punched up store bought Bbq sauce, and bake until you have little golden nuggets of guilt free cauliflower crack.
Baked Bbq Cauliflower Bites will help get you through that bad break up, just like a bag of potato chips will; the difference being that you won’t have a “food hangover” in the morning. Cook up a batch (or two, I won’t tell) of sticky, spicy bbq Cauliflower bites, invite your best friend over and rent.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cup aquafaba*
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup Bbq sauce your favorite
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sriracha to taste optional
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
How To Make
- Heat your oven to 450 fahrenheit.
- Cut your cauliflower into florets and set aside the center of your cauliflower for another use. I chop mine up and throw it into the daily big bowl salad we graze off of.
- Place your aquafaba into one bowl and your cornmeal into another. Season the cornmeal with the onion powder and cumin.
- Dip your cauliflower florets into the aquafaba and then toss to coat in the corn meal.
- Shake off any extra meal and place the florets on a lightly oiled a baking sheet. Give them room to crisp by spreading them around the baking sheet so there are no huge clumps of cauliflower..
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven place all your sauce ingredients into medium sauce pan and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove your cauliflower from the oven and toss with the sauce. I do it right in the baking pan. Don't burn yourself!
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until the sauce is a bit caramelized and there are a few darker spots on the cauliflower.
- Feel free to sprinkle on some chives of scallions for color and brightness of flavor.
Recipe adapted from sunnysidehanne.com