Tuna stuffed avocados are a simple combination of tuna salad and avocados. They're easy to make, loaded with healthy protein, healthy fats and utterly delicious. Watch the video above to see how easy they are to make!
Tuna stuffed avocados are a delicious low-carb, keto, Whole30 and paleo-friendly lunch or snack recipe. A simple combination of tuna salad and avocados makes for a healthy lunch recipe.
|Tuna stuffed avocados|
- 4 avocados
- 2 5 ounce cans tuna (I prefer albacore tuna)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley, chives and/or other herbs
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make
- Add the tuna, mayonnaise, diced celery, diced red onion, herbs, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the seed. Dollop a few spoonfuls of tuna salad onto each avocado half.
- Tuna stuffed avocados are a delicious low-carb, keto, Whole30 and paleo-friendly lunch or snack recipe. A simple combination of tuna salad and avocados makes for a healthy lunch recipe.
- You can definitely meal prep the tuna salad (will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge) and just slice the avocados daily as needed for lunch.
- If serving these for a crowd, squirt fresh lemon juice on the avocado halves and rub it in. This will help to prevent discoloration and browning of the avocado.
- I made this recipe as part of my What I Eat in a Day video. Watch that video for more healthy recipes ideas. And I've got tons more Whole30 recipes, a Whole30 Food List (shopping list) and Whole30 Snacks as well.
Full Post Recipe : downshiftology.com