The easiest one pot recipe ever. Simply throw everything in and that’s it! No cooking, no sauteeing. SO EASY!
Rain or shine, winter or summer, slow cookers are meant to be used 365 days of the year, and it comes in really handy when you move into a new home and you have no idea if the oven/gas range is working yet.
Seriously. We have been living in our new home for less than a week and I have yet to test out the stove. But my slow cooker never fails me, especially in this glorious one pot meal, packed with the most flavor-packed chicken thighs and three different kinds of veggies.
I highly recommend using if you decide to broil the chicken at the very end to help crisp up the skin. But this is a completely optional step so if you decide to skip this, it is best to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts). You can’t go wrong either way!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For The Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
How To Make
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.