Frozen White Chocolate Cream Puffs. A terrific last minute dessert idea to have on hand in the freezer. They also make a great addition to a party buffet table as a perfect hand held dessert.
Thank you so much to all our readers, each veteran and state-of-the-art who've supported us alongside the manner. We virtually have plenty to rejoice as we head into Autumn and we have plenty more to come back as we're planning new recipes for the Thanksgiving and excursion season.
To rejoice this weekend, I concept about making a new birthday party cake but because our fifth blog-iversary is across the nook, I’m saving that luscious idea for later. As a substitute, due to the fact i've been yearning a few easy Cream Puffs recently, I decided to make some to display in a brand new centrepiece presentation.
It includes some easy chocolate dipped sweet strawberries and a drizzle of melted white chocolate.
For the choux pastry shells:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large or extra large eggs
For the white chocolate cream filling:
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 rounded tbsp icing sugar powdered sugar
How To Make
To prepare the choux pastry shells:
- Add the butter and water to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and quickly add the flour and salt all at once, stirring them in quickly to form a soft dough.
- Cook this mixture stirring constantly for an additional 3 minutes.
- Allow this mixture to cool slightly for about 10 15 minutes before adding the eggs, one at a time, stirring until smooth after each addition.
- Cover and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls ( or pipe small mounds using a piping bag ) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the puffs are golden brown and do not collapse when removed from the oven. These should be uniformly golden all over with no pale sides and sound hollow when tapped. Cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the white chocolate cream filling:
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler over gently boiling water. Let it cool to almost room temperature.
- Beat the whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract to firm peaks.
- Gently fold the melted white chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Place the white chocolate whipped cream in a piping bag with a star tip or large round tip . Push the tip into the cream puff shell and fill the entire inside of the shell with the cream. If you do not have a piping bag you can also split the cream puff shells in half with a serrated knife and spoon the filling into the top and bottom halves and then putting them back together.
- Freeze the cream puffs on a baking sheet for several hours or overnight. Move to an airtight plastic container if you are storing them longer than a day.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of melted white chocolate if you like. Chocolate ganache dipped strawberries make a beautiful presentation with a plate of these cream puffs.
- These are also excellent when made at half size as profiteroles and served at a dessert buffet.