So, I’ve got another very little recognize truth for you guys. I worked at Chili’s as a server for regarding five years (a long, long whereas ago). Yup, yup I did. I loved it generally. I detested it most alternative times, and one factor is for sure, I might ne'er add food service ever once more.
I did, however, have a creepy obsession with their honey jalapeno chicken crispers. Do they even still build these? I don’t recognize. I haven’t been to a Chili’s in regarding three years, however one things is for sure, I still have dreams regarding honey jalapeno chicken crispers, although I don’t essentially wish to admit it.
|Crispy Chipotle Chicken Tacos|
- 1/2 cup water
- non-stick spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup uncooked rice, cooked per manufacturer's instructions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ranch dressing, for drizzling (optional)
- 10-12 corn or flour tortillas, warm
- 3 chipotles in a adobo sauce, pureed in a food processor until smooth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
How To Make
- Preheat your kitchen appliance to 450 degrees F, and spray an outsized baking sheet with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In one shallow bowl, whisk along the flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. In another shallow bowl, add the eggs. in an exceedingly third shallow bowl, mix the panko and plain bread crumbs.
- Taking every chicken strip, dredge within the flour so shake to induce eliminate any excess. Place within the egg and douse to coat. Let any excess drip off. Then transfer the chicken strips to the bread crumb mixture, equally coat and depress in order that it adheres.
- Place the chicken strips on the ready baking sheet, and drizzle the liquefied butter on high. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes on both sides or till the chicken has braised through and is tender. take away from kitchen appliance.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare your sauce. In a large, heavy-bottomed cooking pan, mix the honey, refined sugar, garlic, ketchup, pureed chipotles, hot sauce, apple acetum, onion powder, and a splash of salt and pepper. wake a boil, whisking throughout. in an exceedingly little bowl, whisk along the corn starch and water till the corn starch has dissolved. Add it to the cooking pan, continued to whisk till the sauce has thickened, concerning 3-4 minutes. cut back the warmth to low.
- Submerge every chicken strip within the sauce, and place on a plate to the aspect.
- Prepare your rice by, combining braised rice, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and a splash of salt and pepper.
- Assemble your tacos by layering on rice, chicken, a drizzle of ranch dressing (if you're using) and a sprinkling of cilantro onto a warm corn or flour hotcake. Serve at once, and enjoy!