Cheesy Egg Casserole is the perfect baked eggs recipe for brunch! This buttery, easy breakfast casserole is full of cheese and spices, and because it’s vegetarian, everyone can enjoy it.
If you’re looking for the perfect brunch egg recipe, THIS IS IT. It’s a family favorite and it’s so easy – it comes together in minutes. None of my family are huge egg lovers, but we devour this breakfast casserole, so you know it has to be good.
This recipe is super easy, which is a requirement for any brunch menu of mine. I refuse to spend time on Christmas or Easter morning (or any random day, for that matter) cooking over the stove .
The eggs get their body and rise from a combination of flour and baking powder. Then you add double the cheese: cottage cheese and 2 full cups of your favorite cheese. I use mozzarella most often because I think it pairs well with the Italian seasoning.
Now, if you’re freaked out about cottage cheese, don’t be. I know it freaks me out and I would never just eat it plain, but baked into recipes, it adds body and flavor and some cheesy goodness
Buttery Cheesy Egg Casserole – this recipe is the perfect baked egg recipe for brunch! It’s full of cheese and spices and everyone loves it.
- 1/2 cup Challenge butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together butter, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Whisk in eggs and whisk until combined (mixture will be lumpy).
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until browned and set in the middle. Cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Best served fresh, but it can also be sliced and stored in individual containers and frozen. Defrost in microwave..
Recipe Source : CHEESY EGG CASSEROLE @ crazyforcrust