- Optional: 2 tablespoons sourdough starter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
How to Make
- Place the flour in the bowl of a standing mixer to mix them together briefly, add the remaining ingredients, and using the dough hook attachment, begin to knead them together.
- Round out the dough like a ball , the dough should be like a ball with a strong but strong texture , continue until 10 minutes until the dough is soft, elastic, and not sticky anymore
- Put dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a plastic warp or towel, put rise in a warm place until dough double size. Dough can be refrigerated overnight for also improve the flavor.
- Put dough down and split into 10 equal pieces (100 grams each) and Roll each piece into a smooth ball.
- Take on two balls of dough and place them side by side, touching closely, to form an oval. Roll the oval on the counter, horizontally, to help attach the two batter balls together. Let the dough balls be paired for 5 minutes, covered with a wet towel.
- Heat on the oven to 400 F. Wear a rolling pin to flatten the paired dough balls into a flat oval shape, by rolling over them lengthwise in both directions. Put the flattened dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Use a pizza cutter to make a line from end to end, lengthwise, cutting deeply but not all the way through and Repeat with remaining dough, until you have 5 flat, double rolls on the baking sheet. Use the side of your hand or the tips of your fingers to press down on the cut made with the pizza cutter, pressing down firmly to completely flatten the dough along this groove.
- Put the rolls in the oven and sprinkle 1 cup of ice cubes in the bottom of the oven to create steam.
- Burn rolls for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crusty in oven.