As a recipe developer, I want the whole thing I create to be the first-class factor I’ve ever had, but regrettably it simply doesn’t exercise session that way – irrespective of how difficult I attempt. For me, it’s a delicate balance between maximum taste while still being easy and approachable.
Then, now and again, I hit one completely out of the park – one which simply makes my tastebuds sing. This recipe for Shrimp and Corn Fritters is one of those. Y’all, these items are truly great. Like I could slightly hold myself from ingesting each single one in every of them.
The superb crispy outdoor breaks away to reveal a soft, pretty flavorful cornbread filling overflowing with shrimp, corn, and inexperienced onions.
|Delicious Shrimp and Corn Fritters|
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 8 ounces chopped, cooked shrimp
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 cup House-Autry Hushpuppy Mix with Onion
How To Make
- Pour 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil into the bottom of a heavy-bottomed dutch oven or deep skillet. Heat the oil to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the hushpuppy mix, egg, corn, shrimp, salsa, green onions, and Creole seasoning. Allow to rest for about 3 minutes then stir again.
- Carefully drop heaping tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil and fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked though. Serve warm with a dipping sauce if desired.