I assume I’ve admitted on here a few instances that I’m a carb-o-holic. yes, it’s proper. there's simply something that starchy goodness does to me. haha. I could in no way do one of these low carb diets because it simply wouldn’t final for greater than an hour. I need bread in my life and i need potatoes!
Baked potatoes are one of my favorites. I’ll take them anyway i will. in particular in the event that they’re protected in bird POT PIE SAUCE! Oh my goodness, yes. those potatoes are extraordinary you guys. i found the recipe over at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe ( I simply adore her and her tremendous recipes) and i just knew I had to make these asap. So I did, and actually sang as I ate.
This sauce comes collectively without difficulty and is really scrumptious. It’s creamy, flavorful and loaded with chicken and greens. #yum that is an ideal recipe to make for a yummy Sunday dinner or if you have a bit extra time. The potatoes need to bake for an hour and the recipe requires cooked fowl so plan earlier! A rotisserie chicken could honestly paintings wonders in this. next time I make it that’s what i am going to attempt.
|Chicken Pot Pie Baked Potato|
- 6 medium russet potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make
- Preheat oven to four hundred tiers F. Rub potatoes with oil and then wrap in tin foil. Poke a few holes thru the foil and into the potato. Bake potatoes for as a minimum one hour or until smooth.
- whilst potatoes are performed cooking put off from oven and let stand whilst you're making the chicken pot pie sauce.
- melt butter in a huge, non-stick skillet over medium warmth. upload carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. cook and stir until greens are crisp-tender (no longer gentle!) for approximately 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the greens and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly upload chicken broth and whisk to combine everything. hold to feature broth and milk whilst whisking to make mixture smooth and to cast off any flour lumps.
- continue to cook dinner and whisk combination until creamy and easy. add peas and cooked diced fowl. permit simmer on low warmness for five to 8 minutes or till heated via. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over heat baked potatoes and revel in!