- 2 lime, juiced.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar (Note: Brown sugar can be replaced, but you may need to add more because sugar is not as sweet).
- 1 small shallot, sliced into thin slices.
- 1 cilantro bunch, roughly chopped, discarded.
- Large chopped tomatoes, sliced into half (or 1-2 ripe tomatoes cut into slices).
- Thai chilli powder to taste (Note: This is a dried chili with sunlight and ground into a very spicy powder Chrissy uses about a teaspoon).
How to make:
- Bake the steak as directed above and slice it into thin strips after allowing it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Add to large bowl. Because palm sugar is so pale, put it in a small bowl, add a little lime juice, and slurry it into a thick liquid form.
- Add non-vegetable ingredients, including lime juice, fish sauce, and palm sugar, first into a steak bowl. Stir with your hands to include the whole steak. Add the remaining vegetables, stir, and taste. Then, add more fish sauce if you need more salt, or more sugar if it's too lime. If you want to be fancy, rub into a shallow bowl or plate on a bed of lacy lettuce and garnish with sliced lemon juice, extra cilantro, and chili flowers.