Creamy Spinach Tomato Pasta
|Creamy Spinach Tomato Pasta|
- 8 Oz dry pasta - such as farfalle
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil or buttery spread or oil spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp flour (spelt, white, or sweet rice flour)
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Cup cashew cream or unsweetened creamer – I like Nutpods Dairy Free Creamer
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan-type topping or nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 Cup unsweetened milk of choice or additional creamer
- 1 Can diced tomatoes, or 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup fresh or 1/2 cup frozen spinach, optional
How To Make
- Convey a salted pot of water to a boil.
- Boil pasta in keeping with package guidelines, then drain absolutely but do now not rinse.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic in the oil for 1 minute. (Technically, you could use oil spray, but the oil will provide a richer flavor and could assist the sauce adhere to the pasta – It quantities to much less than a teaspoon consistent with serving, and i definitely suppose the taste will be much higher in case you use oil in preference to spray).
- Add the flour, onion powder, and salt. Sauté an additional minute, then whisk within the creamer, milk, oregano, and parmesan, if the usage of. bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Boil and whisk for about a minute, then add the tomato and spinach – you may omit the spinach if preferred.
- Stir until sauce thickens. add the pasta and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper if favored.
- If the pasta absorbs the sauce and appears dry, stir in a little more milk of desire until sauce is creamy once more.